2014 Highlights from KSD
Here is a sample of what we accomplished this year as an organization with your support!
- KSD increased individual donors 170% including a new group of Monthly KSD Supporters
- KSD received our first 4Culture Group grant as the lead applicant (In 2012 The Seattle Jazz Composers Ensemble earned the group grant for our co-produced concert with them.)
- October 3 & 4 KSD produced show with Seattle’s Sam Boshnack Quintet
- Two sold out nights and turning folks away at the door
- Standing ovations both nights
- New music commission from Sam Boshnack for Karin’s dance Free-flow Interchange
- Seattle dance scene took notice of KSD’s collaboration with live music
- 19 Artists involved including original costume and lighting design
- Over 150 hours went into the creation of this concert of new work
- Each artist was paid… for some a percentage of their full worth- a 2015 goal for KSD is to increase artist pay for all!
Consider supporting KSD with your year end giving. Please donate here!
Movement is the impetus as life is the content. Through layers of movement is the thread of truth; the sole story, the shape and texture of feeling and meaning. Beneath the motion is etched the lines of our grief and grandeur in this 21st century imperfect, moving human art form. The purpose of our relationship to creation is revealed. Beautiful. Infinite. Moving. Live. Turbulent. Grace.
“Karin is the consummate artist professional: easy to work with, warm, enthusiastic, imaginative, and above of all, supremely competent. The result… a memorable experience for performers and audiences alike.”
-John Zoltek Music Director, Glacier Symphony and Festival Amadeus Whitefish, Montana